Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Easter

My Angel's first Easter was a bright and beautiful and peaceful day. She actually came with me to primary since my sweet husband and I were both teaching (he usually gets her during church) and my little sister who was visting from CA held her for me during my lesson. We talked about the Savior and His role in our lives and the reason for the Holiday. I truly appreciate the church lesson manuals and the spirit they bring when you teach the true doctrine found in them. (even if the 5 year olds you are teaching don't quite get it) I am so blessed to know the truth of the Restored Gospel.

After church we reveled in the beauty of the day outside in our own front yard (which is actually green again after the dead winter. hooary!)

New Easter dress = photo shoot time. Good thing I have a captivating subject. Her smiles are infectious and her temperment is delightful. She brightens the day of all who meet her. She couldn't be more fun to be around and I think she gets that from her father, my dear sweet husband. He is kind and loving and makes me a better person than I would be without him. Thank you, honey, for giving me the cutest child on earth (she gets it from you.)

After outside pictures we went in to bake an easter bunny cake. We donned our "Mommy and Me" aprons and took more pictures, of course. Then we got to work.
The end product was yummy but the best part was just being together with family. Because that is what Easter is all about, right? The Savior died and was resurrected so that we could all be resurrected too and live together with our families for Eternity. For which I am so grateful.




7 comments:

Captain and First Officer said...

Now it doesn't look like she got spoiled or anything on her first Easter! So cute.

Jonathan said...

Cute pics...and I love the aprons!

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Absolutely adorable pictures. Where did you get those aprons? I loved her little puffy sleeves on her dress! You look amazing too by the way. I need to have you show me how to do my hair.

Amber said...

Oh my gosh Blair those are the cutest pictures of you and your daughter. Love the matching aprons. You both looked like you had a great Easter. Looks like your family is doing really good. See you around sometime!

Kimber said...

Those are the cutest aprons ever! Jeesh! I love you guys! Can't wait to be back with ya soon!

Scottie and Megany said...

blair you really do have the cutest lil baby! i miss her so much! easter looked so much fun! miss you

tyandlinds said...

the matching aprons are the cutest ever... love it

Blog Archive

I am...

I am...
Happy