When I was at BYU my roommates and I decided that everyone is a snob about something.
For instance, Lindsay was a food snob. (and probably still is, right Linds?) She was the best chef in our apartment too. She only bought good quality foods, not the cheap brand stuff like me. She has a refined taste for food.
Dani is the grammer snob. Do not speak incorrectly in front of her. The phrase goes "taken for granted" not "granite" as so many people say. etc etc.
I was the "clean" snob because I was usually picking up after every body and I made my bed every day. I always closed the kitchen cabinet doors. I guess that means I am clean.
Colette was a potatoe snob because she grew up in Idaho and wouldn't buy inferior potatoes.
This wasn't everybody, but you get the idea. My friend Marie is a book snob. My husband is a Tie snob. What are you?
9 comments:
Haha...this is a fun post. I agree completely! Everyone has something they are snobbish about. For me, it's pianos. And now for my snobby soapbox:
Digital keyboards are not pianos, nor do they even get close to the status or level of a piano. Regarding pianos (not keyboards), Steinways are superior to any other maker. No other comes close to a Steinway.
{the end. i will now step down from my soapbox}
peanut butter. I'm a peanut butter snob. I only like the natural kind.
I'm a running shoe snob. Brooks are the absolute only shoe I will ever wear to go running :)
Haha oh goodness Blair
I'm still a grammar snob! (though not a capitalization snob.)
seth is a shoes snob. he frowns upon my cheap, beautiful shoes with no arch support. he wishes I would wear only danskos. nasty.
i just think i am a snob. :)
i am a clean/organized/neat slob. i can't be messy at all!! otherwise i go nuts and scott knows i can get onery :)
Oh definitely a food snob and it's only gotten worse. Now I read every ingredient on everything I buy! I am turning Boyd into one too--then he takes me to nice restaurants :)
Apparently I'm a book snob... :) I would agree. I would also say I'm a "cell phone ettiquite" snob. It's good to know that everyone has something that they're snobbish about :)
Mine is a pathetic snobbery.... I am a pencil snob. Only the good old fashioned kind that you have to sharpen is good.... I hate the mechanical ones that always break off as I begin to write and then you have to BUY led to put in them .... which is never around when you need it or if it is it is the wrong diameter so it won't work any way. Just bring out the sharpener and get back to work! But don't give me those too cute to use pencils you get at the kids birthday parties with all the sprinkles glued on them so when you go to write with it it leaves little sore dents in the sides of your finger. Yellow 2s are the best... WITH a fresh eraser... not that any of mine here at the house are that way! I am not a spelling snob.
Post a Comment