I have to say that there are hardly any shows worth watching these days. I guess it's a good thing though so that I don't have as many things tempting me to waste my time.
I thought for sure that GLEE would be a show I couldn't live without. From the previews that they played all summer, I thought it would be a fun, inspiring show about music and talent with catchy songs and jazzy numbers. So far I have seen none.
Ok, so I missed the very first episode they aired way back in May (?) and I hear that one was good, but the two I've seen since the season started have been seriously disappointing. So why did I watch the second one, you ask? I was really hoping that the show would redeem itself after the seriously immoral first episode, but it didn't. It comes on after the only show I really watch, which is So You Think You Can Dance, and I decided to give it one more try. Disappointed again.
Not only were more than one of the songs actually about sex, and the dancing not far from it, but the show lacks any semblance of a good story line because all the teachers and high schoolers on the show are only thinking and talking about sex too. The immorality was appalling. You might say that the show is just representing reality--how it really is-- and that may be so. But shows that parade around like something inspiring and uplifting but are really only encouraging premarital sex and everything else immoral, are just not what I need in my life. You might say that I just live in a bubble. Well I like my bubble.
Conclusion: It was not something I would allow my children to watch, therefore I will not be participating in it ever again either.
4 comments:
blair i love you! i totally know how you feel about tv shows like that. some of my fav shows, i have to change the channel because they are just stupid. and i like being in my own lil bubble too lol
I completely agree. I too was disappointed with the show. Sadly I made it to the third episode and decided that the messages they are sharing aren't worth listening. I don't need the low standard of immorality and tolerance to be in my face. I agree some would say "that's just how things are" but they're only that way because people are varying from standards of self control and self respect. (I'm sure others could argue that one too) Thanks for making a great post.
I agree too! I thought it would be cute fun show but then I was appalled at the songs and dances about sex...so none for me either!
I had the same experience.
Hope you are doing well Blair! I love hearing your updates!
Post a Comment