My main motive for going to San Diego was to go back to the temple where we were married. It was gorgeous and wonderful there, just as on our wedding day. I loved being able to sit inside exactly where we sat together moments before we were sealed, and think about our life together.

That afternoon we had a bbq and then we went to Del Mar and Annalee swam in the ocean for the first time. It was so fun to watch her run into the waves with excitement. 




Then she played in a mud a little bit with daddy's help. She didn't like having her hands dirty though.

Then he buried her in the sand which she thought was pretty funny.
This is my friend Tricia who hosted us for the weekend at her house at Camp Pendleton. We've been friends since diaper days. And yes, I am covered in sand here from holding annalee.
Sunday evening we walked on the pier and down the beach for a little bit to enjoy the beauty.
Labor Day
Monday morning we went to Carlsbad and enjoyed that beautiful beach too. We didn't get in this time but Annalee sure wanted to.
Her little footprints in the sand were so dang cute.
After walking on the beach and along some local shops and restaurants, we chose to eat at Jay's Gourment restaurant next to the surf shop where we had bought some new Reef's. We ate yummy pizza and then we got some cold stone.
And then Annalee slept for some of the 6 hour drive home, but not long enough. She is so small in this upright carseat she needed to be propped up...



She really loved the water and had no fear of the waves that were knocking her over.


Then she played in a mud a little bit with daddy's help. She didn't like having her hands dirty though.
Then he buried her in the sand which she thought was pretty funny.
This is my friend Tricia who hosted us for the weekend at her house at Camp Pendleton. We've been friends since diaper days. And yes, I am covered in sand here from holding annalee.
Sunday evening we walked on the pier and down the beach for a little bit to enjoy the beauty.
Labor Day
Monday morning we went to Carlsbad and enjoyed that beautiful beach too. We didn't get in this time but Annalee sure wanted to.
Her little footprints in the sand were so dang cute.
After walking on the beach and along some local shops and restaurants, we chose to eat at Jay's Gourment restaurant next to the surf shop where we had bought some new Reef's. We ate yummy pizza and then we got some cold stone.
And then Annalee slept for some of the 6 hour drive home, but not long enough. She is so small in this upright carseat she needed to be propped up...
Tackle it Tuesday: unpack and vacuum out the car. CHECK.
7 comments:
Wow...what fun! We also got to visit the temple we were married in a few months ago, and it's pretty neat!
that looked like you guys had a really good time labor day weekend! i would love to go to the san diego temple! its gorgeous on the outside, i can only imagine on the inside. someday we will get that chance if we ever drive out there! glad you guys had lots of fun
I love the beach.... wish we could have been there at least watching from a distance. Memories
So fun that you guys got to go on a little vacation! I have been meaning to talk to you. You left a comment to be added to my blog, but didn't leave your email. Can you just have Logan send it to my husband's? I think they have eachother's because of Scouts and what not. I don't want you to think I didn't want you to join:)
Looks like so much fun. Sorry I missed it.
I didnt know you went to San Diego : ) How fun is that!!! By the way I think your whole lil family is photo genic. All the pictures are very cute!haha
Looks like a way fun trip! Annalee looks about the same age as Maryn was when we took her to the beach. She loved the waves too. I want to go to the San Diego Temple so bad. I've been there once on the outside, it is so beautiful.
Post a Comment