Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Nursery is Finally Ready

I'd always wanted to paint the baby's room, so now that Annalee has been One for a few months, I figured it was finally time to get her nursery ready.

I also wanted to paint a table and chairs set for her that I was given, so with the weather cooling off it was nice enough outside to start the project. Here are the before's and after's.

This table and chair had the craziest painting on it. Too much for my taste.

Ah.... that's better.

Plain white boring wall

Nice fresh baby green wall!

(don't look closely, I'm not the perfectionist I once thought I was.)


I went with a purple table and green wall to match her bed set, which I chose for the theme of the room.
And the bed skirt that came with the set became the new curatin valence.
Of course I had help on that one because I don't have a sewing machine.

Also a big thanks for the painting tips (although I still spray painted too closely and got drips...)

I also had some major mishaps with the taping job. Mainly I stink at it and had many touch-ups to do once I pulled the tape off the wall. Like I said, don't look too close.


11 comments:

shauntel said...

I think it looks great. Good job!

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome. Makes me want to have a baby girl so I can do something like it in the future. Love the color scheme and curtains. Way to go!

tyandlinds said...

i have seen this in person and it is soooo cute. i just love the table and chairs

Trina said...

Very cute! I love it all.

The Watkins said...

It turned out so so so cute! You did such a good job! Love the wall, table, everything!

Melissa said...

Adorable! I just made Kate's valance with a crib skirt panel as well.

Kimber said...

oh my goodness it all looks so good!!!!! i can't wait to see it in person at the END OF THIS MONTH!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Cherri said...

So if this baby turns out to be a boy... is the other room turning blue or red?

Cherri said...

I think its time to coordinate the neck tie on the white bear with the rest of the room... bring him up and we will find some purple "somewhere" around here!

Sheena said...

That looks so good. I love how you used the bed skirt for the valance. Maryn's bedskirt is tucked away somewhere, but I think I will have to pull it out and attempt to make a valance. Great idea. Her room is green too, I love it. So, do you have Annalee in a toddler bed already?

jen said...

It looks way cute! You're not the only one who can't get the tape thing down. I still have huge trouble! My friend told me you have to use painter's caulk on the side of the paint to make sure there is no leaking... haven't tried that yet.

Blog Archive

I am...

I am...
Happy