So I hope these pictures aren't too weird or embarrassing to put online... but I just have to brag about my amazing daughter. I'm always in awe over her, and yesterday was one of those such moments.
At Annalee's 18 month check up the doc gave me a small pamphlet on toilet training and a few tips of his own. So ever since then we have been talking with Annalee about it so that she understands the concept and is used to the vocabulary. Then we got the potty seat for her, which she likes to sit on--at first with her clothes and diaper on, and now without them. This is all to get her comfortable with the idea of using the toilet, and I think it has been working.
She has told me multiple times now that she had to poop before she did it, so I would let her sit on her little seat. She wasn't ready to use it though she was just playing, so we put a diaper back on her and then she would do her business.
Well yesterday I heard her in the bathroom yelling "toilet! toilet" so I went in there and she was sitting on her seat with her pants on. So I helped her undress and sit on it again but she didn't look like she was going to do anything, she just wanted to play around. So I left the bathroom (with her standing at the sink in her bare bum) to get a clean diaper for her and when I came back in, my 19-month-old was sitting on the toilet again. AND THERE WAS PEE IN IT!
She had totally gone back to her seat, sat down without help, and peed in the toilet all by herself. I couldn't believe it. She is so awesome. She received lots of praise and M&M's, which she loves. So hopefully she will want to do it again. After a few times of this I'm sure she will be ready for me to dedicate myself wholly to potty training her. I didn't think I would do it before she was two, but now I am getting my hopes up that it is really possible.
I looked at Walmart for thick potty training underwear (not pullups--which, by the way, they don't even sell in her size because she is so small) but they didn't have any--just regular panties. I was dismayed, but I will keep looking.
7 comments:
That's awesome! I think I've seen training pants at Target.
I have some. She can use them if they'll fit her.
As for comment two....LOL.. it just sounded funny. Way to go Annalee!
Hurray for potty training! Wal-mart sells them online and then they ship to store for free.
Way to go Annalee!
That's awesome! She's way ahead of Nash who is almost 3!
How great would it be if you don't have to do two sets of diapers when the baby comes?! Good Luck!
Post a Comment