Back in Feb I participated in the entertainment for our ward's valentine dinner activity. The theme was a Night on Broadway so there were a bunch of ward members that performed a broadway muscial number as part of the entertainment after dinner. There were numbers from Phantom, Fiddler, Pirates of Penzance, etc. I did I feel Pretty from West Side Story. The song is about what it feels like to be in love. It was a lot of fun.
While I was practicing for the performance, I was singing the song a lot at home and Annalee started to really like it. She calls it "la la la" since Maria sings those words a couple of times throughout the song. Anyway, sometimes she is in the mood to listen to/watch it again (over and over again!) So at first I was letting her watch the video recording of my performance, but I quickly got tired of hearing my own screachy voice (it is what the dude on American Idol would call "pitchy") and so I switched over to having her watch the actual clip from the movie West Side Story online instead of my version of the song. She likes that just as much and eagery watches it (replay after replay). Well while I was looking that up, I found this really fun version! Check it out!
I feel Pretty
The best part about Annalee loving this song is that sometimes she will randomly start singing in her adorable little voice "Charming! Oh so Charming!" I love it. And sometimes when I put her sunday dress on her, she holds out the skirt and says "La la la" meaning, "I feel Pretty." It is so cute.
2 comments:
Aw, I love that. So cute.
The video is worth taking time to look at for sure!
Post a Comment