Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More before and afters

A long time ago I painted one wall in Annalee's room. And ever since then I have regretted not painting a second wall. So I recently painted another one and I love it much more. Also, Logan hung blinds. Yay.

Here is the before: 

And after!

And I put up this cute little shelf that I got at goodwill and painted white. It is to hang her necklaces on.

MY ROOM:
After having lived in my house for over two years, I decided to decorate my bedroom.

Before: no curtains. no colors. no continuity.

 

  

After:
We painted, got a new bed set, hung curtains and the shelf above the bed.

(as you can see, I obvisouly did not clean off my night stand before taking the picures. Ignore my stack of books and glass of water. And speaking of the nightstands, I know all the brown furniture-the nightstands, bench and dresser--would all be cuter painted black or white to match the bed, but that would be just way too much work. So I put up a brown shelf instead to pull the black and white in with the brown. It worked out ok I guess.)

 This is what the "bench" used to be: our old entertainment center. Logan, my wonderful husband, cut off the top half for me. And I love it.

 Here is a better view.


Another view of the room and curtains.
(I'm still playing around with the drapes. Not sure I like the way I stuck them up there. They need adjusting.)


My fall/halloween decor:


Oh, and we finally hung curtains in the living room too.



(So now with my old post of the bathroom and more recent posts of the kitchen and family room, you've see the whole house. It's not much, but it's home)

11 comments:

Kristi said...

I love your bedroom. It looks great!

Megkran said...

I love it, B! Your house is so cute, I am inspired to work on my own... one day... I'm sure.

Dani said...

Beautiful. I especially love the set you chose for your bed. Also the bench.

Erica said...

Everything looks great! Your bedroom turned out so cute. Love the entertainment center turned bench idea, genius!

lomebury said...

Wow! It looks wonderful!!! I love it all!

Laura said...

you made a great choice for the paint color in the bedroom. It looks great.

Cherri said...

An interior decorator at heart!

Nicole said...

cute, cute! can't wait till i have a hone to decorate and paint!

Scottie and Megany said...

your bedroom looks awesome! and i love the new bedspread. green is my fav color :)

tyandlinds said...

it looks awesome!! i will swing over one of these days :)

Lindsay Gunnell said...

ADORABLE! I love the new comforter in your room! You're so bold with color--I'm such a scaredy-cat when it comes to that. Maybe you should come over and be my coach :)

Blog Archive

I am...

I am...
Happy