We found Annalee "reading" the Book of Mormon one night (and then again on another occasion) and it was amazing how one little thing could touch my heart so much.
I hope that she really does come to love the scriptures someday and that she will know that she can always turn to the word of the Lord.
It is my great priviledge to teach 5&6 year-old primary children in church right now and I have really come to love it. They grasp so much, I am amazed. I am lucky enough to get practice teaching children the gospel right now so that I will be better able to teach my own.
Someday my little girl will know as I do that The Book of Mormon truly is the word of God, translated by His prophet Joseph Smith, and that He loves all His children.
2 comments:
What a sweet moment! Those are the times that you know you are doing something right. I just realized that Matt and I have never met Annalee, is that weird?! Wow, hopefully we can fix that soon.
I have such a testimony of primary. That is where all the basic priciples of the gospel are taught on Sunday (sorry Gospel Doctrine). People don't realize how important teaching primary is! Some people even sadly see it as a "starter" calling if you catch my drift. But it is not. We need strong and faithful members teaching our kids at such a tender age. I'm glad that's your calling! I have no doubt that you are fantastic at it. Annalee is lucky to have such wonderful, righteous parents.
Post a Comment