This past Saturday The Children's Center across from Banner Baywood hospital was having a free children's day open to the public.

There was a petting zoo area with adorable little rainbow-colored chicks, guinea pigs and a rabbit for the kiddos to pet. Annalee and her cousins loved it. There was also a big horse and a little donkey nearby.

There were free sandwiches, donuts and drinks outside near the bounce house. Annalee got in with her cousins but just knelt there the whole time while they bounced around her.

Inside the center there were different activities/crafts in each room. Annalee got to paint and decorate a cupcake, explore the textures of noodles, plant a strawberry plant, and taste and touch the rainbow, It was so fun for the kids.

Our favorite part, however, was the pony ride. Annalee was NOT so happy about getting on that horse. She did not want to do it AT ALL but I held her there and made her do it, because I knew as soon as the horse started walking she would enjoy herself.

Here is a video for proof. She is so dang cute on that miniature little pony.
It was such a fun morning adventure for us girls. I wonder how often things like that are going on that we miss out on.
2 comments:
Those colored chicks are cute. Looks like Annalee had some fun. We wish you all the best as you get to the end of your pregnancy and for a safe and healthy baby. GOod luck.
This looks like so much fun! It's like a primary activity on super steroids. I'm glad you take the time to do stuff like this with Annalee even though she's probably too young to remember it later in life. When I was little I loved loved gymnastics (I think you already know that) and Boyd and I go to all the UofA gym meets--they're really cheap and loads of fun. I always wonder why my mom or dad never took me to a single meet, knowing how obsessed I was with gymnastics. So I've vowed to take my kids to places too. You may miss out by not knowing what's going on, but the paper usually lists these kinds of things. Way to be a great mom, Blair!
Post a Comment