Friday, July 9, 2010

All in White

On Sunday Logan blessed Phoebe at Church. We were so lucky to have so much family able to come. We had 2 dads and 8 brothers in the circle, plus Logan of course. It was such a wonderful blessing and a great sacrament meeting. And she was so good and peaceful during the blessing. She must have felt safe and warm with all those priesthood holders surrounding her.


She wore the same dress Annalee wore for her blessing. It was a gift from one of my best friends from BYU and I still love it.

It is a sweet little summer sun-dress type. (Logan was taking these pictures and of course dads never think to put the cute headband on for pictures.) She is getting so smiley and cooing all the time. I love it!


On another note, she had her first swim! It was so fun to take her in the pool. And she loved it, just like her baths, although it wasn't nearly that warm. The air was hot though and the water was warm enough for her little body --- she was perfectly content in that pool.


She did a little back floating (above right) and kicking....

And then Annalee showed off her amazing skills. She can swim across the pool on her own now, with the help of the noodle. She can also swim from me to the stairs and vice versa (going under the water). She can swim from me to the wall and vice versa, also under the water. She can jump in from the edge, hold on to the edge going around the pool (we do this while singing Itsy Bitsy Spider) and she can dive for toys (with a little help on the downward thrust into the water)
It is so fun to see her confident in the water and loving it. She also has learned safety of course and is not allowed to get in/jump in without my ok.

She also loves to sun-bathe. When she is "all done" swimming, she asks me to lay out her towel so she can sit on it for a while before I make her go inside. She usually does this while I am still swimming or while I am cleaning up out there. It is so funny. She gets this from Aunt Kimber.

4 comments:

Kimber said...

WOW! phoebe is getting so big a different! she is not the same little baby anymore! she's growing so fast! i NEED more picture updates! and i love all this stuff about annalee! amazing how she can do all that stuff and she's only 2! hope my kiddos grow up around the pool in AZ too!!!!

Jackie J said...

It was a beautiful blessing; I am so glad I was there to hear it. In fact, as I was listening to the words your husband spoke, I received confirmation through the Spirit of something I really needed to hear/feel. So, THANK YOU!

Dani said...

aw, I love that dress too. And your outfit is not too shabby, either!

Rachel said...

I can't believe how big Phoebe already is. She's adorable!

Blog Archive

I am...

I am...
Happy