Lately I have felt like my house needed some updates. I've been getting sick of looking at the same things every day.
I like change and remodeling/rearranging things, but the furniture only fits in my house a limited number of ways.
Therefore, I decided to redo the walls.
Here is a picture of my new "picture wall." I have really big, flat, plain walls in my house so I need big things to go on them. On this wall I made a big collage of pictures. (this is not a very good representation of the wall--this pic didn't turn out that great but you get the idea.)
I took a bunch of mis-matching brown (some very ugly) frames and painted them all black.
Then I sanded them a little to give them all a distressed look, which gave them some uniformity and texture to the grouping.
I like the picture wall because I can easily add to it by just painting some more frames to match, and I can switch out the pictures too.
I also got this fun new iron work to go on the wall. Not everyone loved the idea, but it made it up on the wall nevertheless.
And here is an early birthday present I got.
I really needed something new to go in this niche--something tall enough to take up the whole space.
I love my new vase. It does just the right job, and it matches the red wall in my kitchen as a bonus!
I moved my clock to the red wall, which perfectly matches the kitchen cabinets.
I've wanted a world map on the wall for a really long time. I got this beautiful map and have had it sitting forever, waiting for inspiration on how to put it up.
(because of it's size, it would have been several hundred dollars to get it framed.)
So I improvised and framed it myself.
It turned out kinda fun and very different.
And last but not least....
Beautiful photography painted on canvas.
I had a lot of help with these three and I love the way they turned out. The photography of the two on the wall are attributed to Captured by Erin.
I am really enjoying the new arrangments.
Change is fun.
7 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture wall! great idea with the black ditressed frames and i really like hteir thickness too!! i love all the changes you made!
I love it all! It all looks so great!
Looks beautiful. It is good you have kids to hang pictures of. Some people just hang 1 million pictures of themselves, and I find that awkward. So "not everyone" loved the ironwork? Heh. That Phoebe. So hard to please. I'm glad you got your way.
Way to go Blair! I love the map idea and the frame idea with it. It's different which makes it awesome. You're inspiring :D.
I love it Blair!! Your girls are soo cute by the way:)
http://thebeginning-audra.blogspot.com/
I have so much fun with the entire extended family but of course the little girls are very precious to me. I loved our Birthdays in June party (kinda like Christmas in July) and enjoy doing park days when it is cooler - we had a great one with bubbles in the Spring. Blair is an awesome Mom and still has time to do my Transaction Coordination. THANKS TO ALL THE FAMILY for letting me be apart of functions!!!!!
Kay Bell Wood - your Realtor for Life www.K4Homes.com
Post a Comment